Daily Records 6 March 2018

Today Liv stayed home from school for the second day in a row. She’s had a cough, fever and chills, sore throat, headache, you name it, since Sunday night. I got a doctor appointment for 10:30 a.m. at 9:45 a.m., which was the earliest I could force my tired self to place the call.

Jules and Rosie had been up since about 7:00 a.m., running me ragged between brief attempts at getting more shut-eye. Their early rising was a real trick since Rosie and Hunter were awake when I got home from work at midnight, and they said Jules had only just fallen asleep ten minutes earlier. Am I the only person who needs sleep around here?

I got Liv to the doctor where we were informed she has a cold. A cold? The adenovirus, to be precise. She should feel better tomorrow but won’t be “herself” again until say, Friday. In the meantime, she’s got heaps of homework and tests to catch up on. I got a doctor’s note on our way out the door.

I drove Liv home to rest and turned around ten minutes later for Juliette’s dentist appointment. Can I just say thank goodness the dentist’s office called me yesterday around 4:00 p.m. to remind me of this appointment? I had no record of it. Thankfully nothing else was on my calendar.

Juliette turned two years old last Thanksgiving. When her name was called, she walked calmly back to the office holding the hygienist’s hand ALL BY HERSELF! She returned ten minutes later holding her goodie bag. The dentist said she was better than all my older kids, whose appointments were six weeks ago. Booyah, Jules!

After the dentist appointment we went to Costco, scooped up some great deals on groceries, and headed to the High School to pick up Helaman. I was sure the little girls would fall asleep on the car ride. No such luck.

At home I put the food away and tried to take a nap. I might have dozed off for 30 seconds during the 40 minutes I allotted myself. I was fuming as I turned off my phone alarm. I accidentally opened Pinterest and up sprang inspirational quotes that soothed my sorry soul. I pinned for about twenty minutes. My headache and self-pity were magically gone. I showered, helped Rosie with her reading lesson, checked Hunter’s math, and headed out to work.

It was kinda slow tonight after the dinner rush. I spent most of the night on boards, which means I built sandwiches. Thank goodness, because I was losing my touch, what with doing so many dishes lately.

Around 9:30 p.m. there was some report of a bathroom problem. Ree had the unfortunate surprise of finding dirty underwear in the trash in the ladies room. I don’t mean the lingerie kind of dirty. No, this was the didn’t-quite-make-it-hurry-call kind of dirty. Next thing I know, Ree’s striding back and forth to the cleaning closet wearing a respirator mask. Manager Nathon busted out the HAZMAT human waste kit and they finished cleaning up the toxic mess together.

I wish I had a camera because you’d be looking at Nathon’s face post-cleaning and the lovely and talented Ree donning her gas mask right now. I told her she deserved a medal. She agreed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *